For more than half a century, Marantz has thrilled and delighted Music lovers and Movie buffs.
Preserving a heritage of premium sound quality, the 7 x 125W Marantz SR7005 incorporates the very latest sound and video formats, as well as the most comprehensive connectivity yet.
The utilisation of the latest HDMI, as well as (optional) Bluetooth technology and advanced Networking features enables an array of music sources to be plugged in or connected wirelessly.
Experience the most brilliant picture yet with Blu-ray!
Enjoy the convenience of your iPhone / iPod / iPad connected directly to the SR7005 ... or streaming from across the room!
Experience the sheer power of the new 7 x 125W Marantz SR7005 - with current feedback circuitry, Marantz HDAMs and an oversized low impedance transformer for rapid current supply. Not even extreme demands for power will put the SR7005 off balance. The “brain” of the system is the latest 400Mhz Sharc DSP, which easily handles HD audio decoding including the Audyssey DSX and the MultEQ XT room calibration. The source signal can be either digital or analogue, from a vast array of inputs. There are six HDMI 1.4a inputs - one of which is hidden behind the front flap for easy access. For portable media, there is a iPod-digital-compatible USB input - and a RJ45 Network input provides connection to vTuner Internet radio and music services such last.fm (in available countries).
Advanced Connectivity: App for iPhone / iPod / iPad
The Marantz Wizz App transfers control of the SR7005 AV networking receiver into the palms of iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch owners. A beautifully designed GUI combines with an intuitive layout enabling a superbly easy way to control Marantz products via a home network.
The app comes preloaded and ready to use. As seen on the screenshot, key functionalities include: main zone power on/off; volume up/down; mute on/off; input selection; tuner control; surround modes; menu control by cursor; and zone 2 and 3 basic control. It features class-leading response times and the app’s bi-directional feedback with the SR7005 enables super-fast status reports on features such as volume, source, and surround mode.
Additionally Wizz App delivers control of Networked/USB-connected sources. Playback controls – such as file selection, play and stop – of connected PCs and NAS drives, are accessible via the app and users can swiftly browse internet radio stations via their iPhone/iPod Touch. Wizz App even lets you flick through PC/NAS-stored music libraries, selecting tunes by artist, album, genre, etc. For ultimate ease and looks Wizz App displays ‘currently playing’ cover art. Wizz App also opens up iPhone and iPod Touch control of additional Marantz equipment – such as Blu-ray and CD players – connected to the SR7005 via Marantz’s remote D-bus system.
Wizz App is available free of charge for download from the Apple App Store.
Advanced Connectivity: Airplay
The Airplay feature allows you to easily stream music from your iTunes collections to the SR7005* with just the tap of a finger.
It is available now - see below for details.
About Apple Airplay
Stream iTunes Music from PC or Mac to Home Entertainment Networks*
With the incorporation of AirPlay on Marantz products, you can now open up their iTunes to a whole new experience, enjoying not only the ability to stream iTunes music from their PC or Mac on their home network, but access to artist information, album art and elapsed and remaining time. The inclusion of AirPlay capability on this Marantz product has been made possible through the advanced networking technologies applied. AirPlay has previously only been available on products such as the Apple AirPort Express
You can download the 'Airplay 101' info-sheet in 'downloads'. If your unit does not have AirPlay installed, please download the 'AirPlay Installation' pdf.
Other main features:
Newly designed clean front panel with a porthole 2nd display
Marantz quality discrete 125 watts Amp x 7ch (8 ohms, 20Hz-20 kHz)
Current Feedback topology featuring Marantz HDAM circuits for Pre-amplifier
Support HDMI ver.1.4a 3D, ARC and Content type, 6 Inputs (Front 1), 2 Outputs
Support HDMI CEC, Deep Color, x.v.Color, Auto Lip Sync and Standby Pass Through (Last or selected one in menu)
Front USB input for iPod/iPhone Digital connection (Audio) or USB Memory (Audio/Photo)
Ethernet port for Audio/Photo streaming (Support DLNA1.5, Windows 7)**
Internet Radio through vTuner User Interface
Streaming service capability: last fm/flickr (please check for Australian availability)**
- Dolby TrueHD, Digital Plus, Prologic IIz, IIx, II, Virtual Speaker, Headphone
- DTS-HD Master Audio, High Resolution Audio, ES Discete6.1, Matrix6.1, Neo:6, 96/24, Express, Neural Surround
- Audyssey DSX, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
- Audyssey MultEQ XT Auto Calibration
- Audyssey MultEQ Pro for Custom Installation
- Bluetooth Wireless Audio Transmission Capability with option RX101
- Composite/Component to HDMI scaling up to 1080p
- HDMI to HDMI scaling
- Composite to Component Analogue up conversion
- OSD overlay on HDMI output
- Assignable HDMI, Component inputs
- Anchor Bay 10-bit Video Processing/Scaling
- M-DAX 2 (Improved Algorithm, Marantz Dynamic Audio eXpander ver.2)
- New colour GUI On-Screen Display
- Dot Matrix x2 lines rich info. Display in the front door
- Input Rename, Skip, Level control
- Selectable various volume set-up: Power on, Limit and Mute level
- Phono (MM) input
- High-quality screw-type speaker terminals
- Zone2 Audio Pre outputs, Component/Composite Video output
- Zone3 Audio Pre outputs
- 7.1ch Pre out + 2nd Subwoofer Pre out
- I/P Control
- RS-232C for Custom Installation
- Flasher In
- DC Trigger Out x2
- Marantz D-Bus (RC-5) In/Out
- External IR Receiver Capability with option RX101
- Detachable Power Code (IEC320 2pin type)
- Backlight, LCD, Learning and Pre-code System Remote Controller
For more information on this model or reviews, please refer to the 'Downloads' section on this page
* The SR7005 must be hard-wired to a LAN (or Wireless Bridge) in order to use AirPlay.
** Audio Streaming is only available for devices or software that are DLNA and UPnP certified.